Stuck on your Wedding Style or Theme? Here's Some Honest Questions to Ask Yourselves
The sign you've been looking for? In a round about way, YES! One thing I quickly learnt after diving head first into this wedding gig was that not everyone had a Pinterest board ready to go from the second they got engaged #totallynotobsessedwithgettingmarried - In fact, it seems there's only a select few of us that do. For those that have no clue to start, Christchurch Weddings is on one hellova mission to help make wedding planning an easy, straightforward and ENJOYABLE process. That's right stress bunnies, ENJOYABLE.
By keeping what's most important at heart, you'll whip up the day you've always dreamed of in no time. Here's a few questions to get you started.
- What are the three most important things to you when it comes to your wedding day?
- Describe your personal style?
- What are your favourite colours, or colour combos?
- When you think about weddings you have been to in the past, what are three amazing, and three not so errrhh amazing things that have stood out for you?
- Are there any family traditions or rituals you've like to incorporate into the day?
- In terms of your reception dinner, what do you imagine happening? IE Grazing into the night, a picnic, formal sit down meal, buffet style dinner... (Seems like a silly question, but just you wait)
- Are there certain areas you'd like to splurge on a little more than others? (GREAT for budgeting purposes)
- What are your non-negotiable's for the day?
Why don't you grab a drink, sit down with your other half and go through these one evening. Don't forget to write them down, and use the answers as a reference point if you feel like things are spiraling out of control. By the end of it, I'm certain you'll have a much clearer picture in your minds about what you want your wedding day to shape up like.
And please, if you get stuck let me know. I'd love to help you plan your dream day!