Bridesmaids Tales | The ultimate wedding survival kit
If you're anything like my dear friend Petrina, you'll rock up prepared for any occasion. And when that comes to weddings, in tow is a giant bag filled with every possible item you may find yourself in need of should things take a turn, big or small. Proceed with caution, we will both freely admit this bag contains total overkill, but we will leave that decision about what makes the cut with you to make. Ready to make a shopping list? Let's go!
The Beauty Bag
The first, and possibly most important bag you'll be wanting to carry around during the day is this bag filled with enough basics to get you through and keep you on point long into the night!
- Lipsticks and lip balm
- Eyelash Glue
- Makeup brushes
- Setting spray
- Hand-held mirror
- Hair ties
- A fine tooth comb
- Hair clips
- Safety pins
- A nail file
- Fashion Tape
- Spare party feet or blister pads
- Cotton tips
- Tissues and wet wipes
- Breath Mints
- A hand-held fan
In Case of Emergency
Next is your first aid kit. Petrina's covers just about all the bases - It's basically a mini drugstore!
- Antihistamines for stings, pollen, sudden rashes or swelling
- Painkillers are vital
- Immodium (because shit happens)
- Cough syrup or lozenges
- Otrivin for runny noses
- Sleeping aids from tea to Lush Sleepy to magnesium to something errr... stronger
- Rescue Remedy
- Electrolyte Tablets
- Insect repellant
- Sanitary products
- Clear Eyes
- Hand Sanitiser
- If the bride is on any prescription medication be sure to pack that too
A Stitch in Time
You'd be surprised when a wardrobe malfunction or spillage can occur, and you'll be wanting whatever you have handy to quickly sort any drama out!
- A little sewing kit complete with different sized needles and thread in the colour of the dress and whatever the maids are wearing
- Wonder soap
- White napkins - They are much better than a flannel sometimes and will lessen the risk of colour leaking onto garments, plus they're a little sturdier than tissues.
- Baking soda
- Clear nail polish
- Bulldog clips and some less obvious ones may be useful too
- A Lint roller or remover
- On the larger side, but a clothing steamer
Tools of the Trade
Then comes the DIY bag for everyone to step aside while you got this!
- A small hot glue gun and spare sticks
- Some extra paper or cards
- Ruler/measuring tape
- Writing instruments like white chalk paint, pens, and pencils, maybe some metallic options too.
- Blue Tack
- Zip ties
- Tape, single and double-sided, duct and/or electrical
- Pliers, a Leatherman or multi-tool
- Swiss army knife
- Spare phone charger or power bank, and cords
- Any adapters you may think are needed. The iPhone lightning to AUX is a great one!
No one person handles a situation the same, so come prepared with these goodies where you can.
- Mini shots, a bottle of wine of something alcoholic
- Calming Tea
- A sleep mask
I don't know about you, but I was pretty impressed seeing all of this come out of Petrina's magic bag - In fact, I think I experienced my first ever Mary Poppins moment!
What do you think of these lists and ideas? Has anything stuck out for you that maybe you haven't thought of before? Or maybe there's something you think is missing? Based on experience, or not, let me know in the comments below.