Get to Know Me | Who's Behind Christchurch Weddings?
It's the end of the year, and I know I won't be the only one counting down the days until the summer break, so I thought I'd keep today's post lighthearted by sharing some facts about me. I sure love learning more about who I follow, and I can't wait to get to know know y'all a little more too!
Let's get the basics out of the way first with a little quickfire round:
Hi! I'm Lucy Magill. I'm 26 years old and have lived in Christchurch all of my life. Looking back I feel so privileged having seen the city as it once was, then ravaged by mother nature, and built up again. I have one brother, two sisters and one heck of an amazing family of in laws. My husband is Nick, and we have a little family of four - two of those are labs and we love them to bits!
And now, the juicy stuff:
1. Shock horror, CW isn’t my day job! I work full time as a glorified sales support/jack of all trades for the largest IT company in the country.
2. I have thalassemia so can't give blood, it's quite common in Asian population, my doctor finds it hilarious that a white person has it. In short, I blame this on the fact I need sleep to function.
3. Dumplings, platters and rose are the way to my heart.. oh and Mexican! I think I could eat it every day for the rest of my life.
4. My signature sweet treats are chocolate fudge, belgium biscuits, afghans and ginger crunch.. oh , and chocolate mint balls (scroll down to the earlier days of my Insta feed and you can find the recipe).
5. When I am training, I compete in Olympic weightlifting. It took this up after having 18 months off the gym thanks to a car crash, and prior to that was a bit of a CrossFit junkie.
6. I’m a little bit obsessed with Gloriavale, and cults in general even dragged some friends along to their biannual concert a couple of years ago.
7. I’ve sung for the Pope at the Vatican during a Papal Audience.
8. I love being a master of whatever I take on, but I struggle to settle for doing one thing and often have my fingers in a few pies!
9. I only ever grew up with cats, but within four months Nick and I added a second bundle of golden fur to the mix - sassy pants Ella.
10. Nick is a builder and together in our spare time (what spare time) we renovate homes, and are currently working on our biggest project yet! Interior design is another one of my loves, the transformation process of walking into a space, creating a vision and bringing it to life is so rewarding.
11. When I was younger Mum asked me if I wanted to be a nurse, I turned my nose up and corrected her, saying I’d be a doctor. Reach for the stars!
12. I’ve gone through a big pile of dance genres in my time, from tap to jazz, hip hop to contemporary, a little Latin and ballroom thrown in the mix - and a year of cheer leading! If you think I’d be relatively ‘life’ coordinated, you’ve got another thing coming!
13. I have an addiction to country music and this year hiked all the way to Nashville for the CMA fest. I also walked down the aisle to Carrie Underwood’s Look At Me.
14. I’ve always been terrible at maths, but I did win something in one of the yearly Cantamath competitions at primary school - the design motif for that particular year!
15. My Nicknames are Goose, Luce, Hudson… there’s one more but I can’t say it on here! DM me if you think you might know ;)
16. I have a tattoo on my back. Usually I tell nosy people that it means “I like tattoos” but it’s a latin proverb Deos enim religuos accepimus, Caesares dedimus, which translates to The gods were handed down to us, but we created the Caesars (i.e., we create ourselves).
17. Dr Pimple Popper is life.
18. I’m obsessed with the thought of travelling to Greece and Morrocco. One day!
19. I can roll my tongue so the sides touch. Can you? Or can you do the cauliflower thing?
20. I find true satisfaction having entered the New Zealand wedding industry. Building this community and meeting all the amazing people is just so insanely inspiring!
21. I’m no artist but I do love playing on my creative side and Christchurch Weddings keeps me on my toes!
22. Balance is key to life, and it’s really only been this year that I’ve truly realised that life is too short to stick to a career you’re not passionate about. Find what sets your soul on fire and attack it with an attitude so fierce the world cannot refuse you.
Getting to know you is one of my favourite things, why don’t you tell me a random fact about yourself below xx